Around the holidays, I find myself always bringing food to someone’s house, but often have little time to prepare something. Today, I wanted to share my favorite recipe for a quick, sweet treat that is perfect to bring to a gathering, or to munch on at home!
The below Rice Krispie treat recipe is one of my all time favorites. It is easy and effortless to make for the most part. And of course they are delicious!
Let me know what your favorite holiday treat recipes are!
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- Green food coloring
- Small pretzel sticks of choice
- Sprinkles of choice
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan and set it aside.
- In a large pan, melt the butter and marshmallows together – stir constantly.
- Once smooth, add green food coloring (add as little or as much as you desire until you have your desired tree color).
- Remove the mixture from heat and add Rice Krispie cereal until combined.
- Press evenly into the pan & add sprinkles immediately. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the rice krispie treats into triangles.
- Add a pretzel to the bottom of the treat.