As the warmer months start to approach (it was 75 in Utah the other day!!), I’m switching out my winter skincare products and adding in perfect products for the warmer, sunkissed days ahead. It’s so important to keep your routine ever-changing – especially as the seasons change! A rule of thumb is to change your products out 4 times a year for the different seasons. This doesn’t mean you need to swap out all of your skincare, just a few items that make sense for that time of year! For example, I use a lot of heavy creams at night during the winter to lock in moisture, but as we approach summer, I don’t use them anymore and stick with a basic moisturizer because our skin tends to hold more water in the warmer months. I try to go heavier with rich creams and oils in the winter and lighter with dewy, hydrating moisturizers and serums as we head into spring and summer. I outlined my routine, so it’s easy for you to follow!
- Oil Cleanse with this Seabuckthorn Oil: If there’s one thing you need to buy, it’s this! It’s called Best Skin Ever for a reason. This has completely changed my skin!! If you have oily skin, don’t be afraid to use this product. It’s for everyone and will work to cleanse, exfoliate, and tone. I love double cleansing in the spring/summer because of all the buildup from sunscreens and other products that get into your pores. Follow this tutorial!
- Cleanse with Tula’s Cult Classic Cleanser: This one is a constant in my skincare routine. It’s perfect for any season and leaves your skin clean, balanced, and hydrated.
- Exfoliate with Summer Fridays: I love this gentle exfoliator! It works to brighten, even skin tone and minimizes pores.
- Apply retinol: Now that I’m done breastfeeding, I’ve incorporated gentle retinol into my routine again! Retinol is such an amazing product and works to reduce wrinkles, redness and minimize pores.
- Hydrate with this overnight moisturizer/mask: This product is perfect for spring and summer! It’s not super heavy and will leave you with hydrated and glowy skin when you wake up.
Shop the products I’m currently using in my nighttime routine below!